Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc. Scholarship Fund 2023
Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc. (“Signal 30”) is a public charity organized to conduct various activities centered around the support of careers in law enforcement and the support of families of law enforcement professionals. As part of this charitable mission, Signal 30 has implemented a scholarship program for family members of law enforcement professionals who are pursuing higher education degrees. This scholarship program is integral to the organization’s primary objectives of supporting and promoting careers in law enforcement and the families of law enforcement professionals.
In order to assist you in determining eligibility for scholarships, we have outlined various broad criteria. Individuals interested in applying should be in compliance with the below criteria and submit application materials to Signal 30 prior to June 15th.
General criteria for scholarships administered by Signal 30 are as follows:
- US citizen
- Child or stepchild of an active, retired, or deceased NYS Trooper, NYS Bureau of Criminal Investigation, or similar law enforcement position.
- Children or stepchildren of Delegates and active Board members for NYSPIA and NYSTPBA are not eligible to receive scholarships under this program. This includes the Sergeant Jeffry T. Edelson Memorial Scholarships.
- Successful scholastic achievement with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Full-time enrollment (12 credits or more per semester) at a college, university or other post-secondary institution (this includes enrollment at an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate degree program).
- For educational opportunities relating to careers in law enforcement, documentation of enrollment in an appropriate program.
- Timely receipt of a completed application and attendant documentation
- Scholarships are awarded on an objective basis.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive one scholarship from our program. This includes the Signal 30 and Named Scholarships. Applicants are eligible to receive an Edelson award in addition to a Signal 30 or Named award.
Application procedures may vary for certain scholarships, including named scholarships.
General procedures and considerations for scholarships administered by Signal 30 are as follows:
- Applicants are eligible to receive scholarship funding for up to 4 years.
- Applicants must provide documentation of grades, GPAs, and enrollment.
- All applicants must adhere to eligibility and application procedures.
- Selection of successful candidates is made on an impartial basis, by the decision of a scholarship committee appointed by the Board of Directors of Signal 30.
- The dollar amount and number of scholarships awarded will vary dependent on availability of funds and the number of qualified applicants.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition, room, board and textbooks.
- Payment of scholarships will be in accordance with procedures established by Signal 30.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Application materials will not be returned to the sender. These materials will not be used by Signal 30 for any other purpose.
- Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating the best combination of criteria.
Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc. Scholarships for 2023
- Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc. Scholarships
Thirty-Five Scholarships of $4,000 each for a 1-year period.
- Silver Shield Foundation Scholarship
One scholarship of $5,000 annually for a 4-year period for a total of $20,000.
- In Memory of Paul Gerry Scholarship
One scholarship of $2,500 annually for a 4-year period for a total of $10,000.
- The New York Centurion Foundation Scholarship
Two scholarships of $4,000 each for a 1-year period.
- The Col. David Mack Scholarship, named in honor of NYSP supporter and friend, Col. David Mack
One scholarship of $2,500 for a 1-year period.
- Sr. Inv. Frederick R. Geisel Memorial Scholarship
One scholarship of $2,500 for a 1- year period.
- Stewart’s Shops Scholarship
One scholarship of $2,000 for a 1-year period.
- The Sr. Investigator Raymond A. Salvie Scholarship, named after retired member, Raymond A. Salvie, a NYSTPBA member since 1954, a WWII veteran and survivor of the battle of Iwo Jima.
Five scholarships of $1,000 for a 1-year period.
- Edward J. Curtin Scholarship, named after an Army Airforce Former Prisoner of War who survived the “Black Death March” from Luft IV. He was a tail gunner on a B-24 Bomber on his fifth mission from Peckham, England. He was the former Commander of the NYS American Ex Prisoner of War Association.
One scholarship of $1,000 for a 1-year period.
- Stewart’s Shops In Memory of Sgt. James J. Monda Scholarship
One scholarship for $500 for a 1-year period.
- In Memory of Trooper Nicholas F. Clark
One scholarship of $500 for a 1-year period, sponsored by Allegany County Deputy Sheriff’s Association. Only available to students who reside in Steuben County.
Click Here for the Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc. 2023 Scholarship Application
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ann Neeson at email@example.com or call 518-462-7448, ext. 143 for additional information.
Sergeant Jeffry T. Edelson Memorial 2023 Scholarship
Applications must be postmarked by May 31, 2023.
The Edelson Family in conjunction with the Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc., is proud to offer the Sergeant Jeffry T. Edelson Memorial Scholarship to continue his legacy. We will award 4 scholarships in the amount of $2,500 and 18 scholarships in the amount of $2,000 to any child/stepchild of NYS Troopers: all active, retired, BCI associate members in good standing.
Please refer to the attached application form for further information such as the eligibility requirements.
This scholarship is separate from the Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc. Scholarship Program. You can be awarded both an Edelson Scholarship and a Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc. Scholarship. Please complete each application process fully to be eligible for each separate scholarship.
Click here for the eligibility requirements: 2023 Sgt. Jeffry T. Edelson Scholarship Criteria
Click here for the application: 2023 Sgt. Jeffry T. Edelson Scholarship Application
Likewise, please direct any questions regarding this scholarship to Ann Neeson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-462-7448, ext 143.
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
Please note, the below scholarships are not affiliated with the Signal 30 Troopers Benefit Fund, Inc.
The New York’s Finest Foundation 2023 Scholarship
The NYFF scholarships are designed to assist students in obtaining a college degree.
Click here for the application: NY Finest Scholarship 2022-2023
The NYFF scholarship is open to any children/stepchildren of NYS Troopers (active, retired, BCI associate members) in good standing.
For more information, including eligibility requirements, required attachments, scholarship rules and the application itself, please review the application.
The application must be postmarked July 1, 2023, to be eligible.
NYFF website: http://www.nyfinestfoundation.org